Thursday, March 04, 2004

Pet Peeves

I was waiting for the elevator today, and I was running late for class. And as everyone knows, the elevators at school are the slowest on the planet. So I stood there for about 5 min, stubborn that one would come sooner or later. The one on the right apparently kept going between the 2nd and 3rd floors. And the one on the left hovered on the third floor forever. But just as I see it starting down, someone comes up out of no where and pushes the down button.

Anyone who knows anything about elevators knows that if it's heading down when it gets to the first floor, it will pick up the down person and keep going down before going back up. And sure enough, it did. This person hopped on the elevator mere seconds after pushing the button while I and 3 other people who had been standing there for some time had to wait like 2 more minutes. And that just pisses me off.