Monday, March 29, 2004

Sometimes love just ain't enough.

A Texas woman is on trial for killing her 2 oldest sons and severely disabling her 15 month old after she "bashed" their heads with rocks. She has pled not guilty by reason of insanity, which is probably plausible judging from the circumstances that she thinks "God told her to kill her kids."

Maybe I'm not giving this full thought, or simply cannot wrap my head around it, but the CNN article states that the husband has been supportive of her throughout the incident. I just don't get how you could do that. Regardless of how much you love your spouse, how would you ever be able to forgive and continue a life with someone who murdered your children? Even if she was insane at the time and needs help, I don't think I would ever be able to sit in a court room and listen to a 911 tape of her confessing to the killing in a calm, disinterested manner.

Maybe I just need a lesson in forgiveness.