Monday, March 22, 2004

Can't get you out of my head.

On the radio this morning, I heard this catchy song that got stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I don't usually listen to the radio for this exact reason. I tend to get a song stuck in my head for days at a time (like the one from which the title of this post is derived) so I usually stick with my CDs. Anyway, I liked this song, but I didn't know anything about it except for a few phrases. I got on the net to look it up, and much to my dismay, I found out it's a Britney Spears song. ("Toxic")

Now I'm faced with the dilemma of admitting I like a Britney Spears song, or of hating it just on principle. I'm leaning more towards hating it since I couldn't actually decipher any of the words and only the tune is stuck in my head. And the only thing worse than singing a song in your head over and over, is humming it because you don't know the words.

Updated: I just saw this review on Amazon.com: My initial reaction was... this can't be Britney... it doesn't even sound like Britney. I think because it's got a europop flavour in it and sounds Kylie-ish. But I automatically loved this track. It's catchy... it's nice... it's different... and it's unusual...PERFECT. When I bought the CDsingle, something familiar was on the credit list...CATHY DENNIS--one of the co-writter/producer of Kylie's mega-hit track "Cant Get You Out of My Head".

Good to know that it's this Cathy that I can now blame for all of these songs stuck in my head.