Thursday, March 25, 2004

Strep Poker

The mom leaves me a voice mail the other day telling me that the doctor just told her she has strep throat and is highly contageous. She also told me that her doctor prescribed an antibiotic for all of us to take. Luckily, I didn't come go home at all between Tues and Thurs, and now the parents are gone. Unluckily, I get home tonight and my brother is hanging out on the couch, and he's got it.

So I had thought I would just take my chances, rather than taking more pills the next few days, but that might not be wise. While I did have my tonsils and adnoids out when I was 8, I don't trust the doctor's "guarantee" that I'll never get strep throat. So the medicine is down, and hopefully I'm in the clear. And hopefully I don't spread it to the 40 or so people in close quarters at a retreat this weekend.