Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Dear Mr. FCC.

You know you live in a great society when anyone with manual dexterity can pick up a pen and write a letter to a government official, to bitch about something. Egged on by Howard Stern and Jimmy Kimmel, several TV viewers wrote letters to the FCC demanding the censure of Oprah Winfrey for the show she ran on teen sexuality. This is the show that discussed "rainbows" and "tossing your salad". I'm thinking of writing a letter complaining that Oprah needs to stop teaching my mom sex terms. No child should have to live with that.

In case you're too lazy to click on the link, the highlights:
-one letter tells the FCC to watch the show to learn better techniques to perform on GW and Cheney and then ends with "ps: eat shit"
-I feel sorry for the parent who's child's "head literally exploded." Bet that made a mess.
-Oprah is called sinner in one letter and the queen of the harlots in another. Damn. I was running for queen of the harlots and to find out I lost by reading it on the internet....it hurts.
-one starts his letter with "you stupid ass hitler wannabe." Got my attention.