Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Hasta Luego

Ok, so I didn't give you much advance notice, but I leave in 4 hours (as in 3:30 a.m.) for Honduras and will not return until Aug 2.  And unlike China, I will have absolutely no access to email/phones/internet the entire time.  So don't expect posts from me.  However, a few lovely friends (K, Chuck and Amanda) have blogging privileges that I hope they utilize.  Otherwise there will be dust bunnies rolling through here by the time I return. 

But I should probably get a bit of sleep.  Initially, only going on this trip were people in their mid-50s, 1 girl a couple years younger than me who was married, and me.  Always the sole single person on a church function.  Things changed though. 2 people had to drop out and one of my friends is going now.  (My BBall date for those who remember him.)  So hopefully we'll be able to keep each other sane.  Though it may already be too late considering I agreed to carry the expensive medical devices in my carry on.  I have a feeling I'm going to have a bit of trouble explaining to the security officers why I need both a fetal heart monitor and some sort of ultrasound machine.  Not your typcial travel items.