Friday, July 09, 2004

Weekend Woes

Tomorrow I get to drive 3 hours to middle of nowhere Illinois to my sister's inlaws for a day of fun and then drive the 3 hours back. Why will it be so fun? Because it's the first of many baby showers I'm obligated to attend because of the sole reason that I'm related to the mother-to-be. And we all know just how much I love baby showers. I know of at least 3 others for my sister in coming months. And I'm sure I'll love each and every second of them.

The sis and bro-in-law stopped by earlier to take the seat out of the van so that we have more room. I volunteered to stay home if they needed the space for presents. But I got the evil eye from the sis and was told that if she had to suffer through it, so did I. Which I don't understand since I wasn't the one who got married and then knocked up.