Monday, July 12, 2004

No secrets.

Until a few months ago, the most dreaded question I faced from people (usually family members) was "So are you seeing anyone?" While I still abhor that question, one that is equally annoying is "How was China?" People I haven't spoken to since I was 4 have to ask since the parentals know everyone in town and therefore everyone in town knows I was gone.

On the 4th we had a little family get together, which I felt obligated to go to since I missed 2 family get togethers in the 5 weeks I was gone. (I told you my family was close.) But I told my mom I was going to go late so that everyone would have spread out around the house and I wouldn't have to encounter them all at once. Things went somewhat as planned except that the first thing I heard when I walked in was "I won't ask, you're mom's already told me you don't want to talk about it."

Can't trust those parents with anything.