Friday, July 16, 2004

Too close to home.

For about a year, my brother in law has been trying to get me to watch the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.  Which it wasn't that I was resisting, he always just asked when I was doing something.  They were over tonight for dinner and he asked what I was doing for the rest of the night, and then ran home to get the DVD and brought it back.  So the mom and I watched it with he, my sis, and my aunt and cousins.
 
Now, I will say that it is definitely funny.  But what's most amusing to me is that it's not any different than attending one of my family get togethers.  In fact, I'm not entirely convinced that I'm not related to those comedians.  Half of their stories and jokes could have been pulled from spending one day with my other cousins.  And the redneck things ring quite close to home.  There were a few even that I lived through.  (For those who have seen it, my parents did keep a flyswatter on the dash when they drove so that they could reach us in the back seat.)
 
But I will recommend it for anyone who enjoys comedy like that.  And if you're too embarrassed to admit watching it, just rent it and watch it on your own.  Or check out the Comedy Central schedule and figure out a time when you can turn the TV down low so no one can hear you.  And then just picture me at a family function.  I'm the one in the back rolling my eyes.