Saturday, January 22, 2005

Jesus Radio Moment of the Week

As I've mentioned before, Jesus Radio does these short little inspirational stories sporadically during their programming. And the woman's voice is everything you could imagine a Jesus Radio DJ to be; grating and like she's talking to a 3 yr old. Yesterday's moment went like this [as paraphrased by me]:

I recently went on a retreat with some of my friends. One night, we were making the trip up to the nightly campfire, and I had only packed a small flashlight. As I was walking along, the light wasn't much help and I stumbled and tripped. All of the sudden, I was bathed in light as my friends all shone their flashlights on me. They were helping to show me the way so that I could see clearly and wouldn't stumble. What great friends.

Honey, I hate to tell you, but if your friends are anything like mine, they were only shining the lights on you so that they had a clear, unobstructed view as they laughed themselves to tears over your humiliation. And I bet one or two of them captured the moment on a camera phone to publish on their blog once they returned to reality. Those who will laugh at you during your most embarrassing moments are your true friends.